Microsoft is releasing a lot of latest updates on a regular basis to fix problems and also adding some excellent new features to the current version of Windows. At present, Windows 10 can automatically download and install all the recent updates to keep your expensive device secure and up to date. It means you will receive all the unique features and security updates that can help you to run any program efficiently.
Despite its advantages, it comes up with different networking problems. The time it takes for an update is depending on a variety of factors including the age of your machine and speed of the internet. You always need a good internet connection for that. In some cases, the update actually stuck because of an incomplete installation of any antivirus or other software programs in your computer. So, it sometimes is undesirable for the auto update to occur. Given below are steps on How to stop windows 10 update.
Easy Steps to Stop Windows 10 Update in Progress
Here are some advanced troubleshooting methods that might help you to fix your problem. You need to make sure that you have enough space available in your device.
Method 1: Perform a hard reboot
Sometimes Windows update stuck issue can be resolved by simply restarting your device. But if you think that the update is really stuck, then a hard reboot is the best option for you. Try out the following steps:
- Go to Windows update screen and press the power button until your PC turns off
- Try to disconnect the power supply and take out the battery from your device
- Wait for 5 minutes and put the battery back in your laptop
- Turn on your computer
Follow a set of on-screen instructions to complete all the steps. Go to advanced boot options screen, once you have done the reboot. Finally, select the ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ and try to update the Windows.
Method 2: Update Windows in clean boot
If you are thinking that the problem is caused by a conflict with some other application or program. Then you can start your computer in a clean boot. Follow the steps below:
- Press the power button and turn off your computer
- Wait for 10 minutes and turn on your system
- Type ‘misconfig’ and select ok
- Check the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ to disable all services
Windows Update in a clean boot is a little bit complicated task. If you are unable to perform all the steps successfully, you have an alternative option.
Method 3: Reset all the Windows Update components
For this method, you need to start the Windows update again. Go through the steps mentioned below for resetting the Windows Update Components:
- First of all, restart your system
- Press the Windows key button once you are logged in the windows successfully
- Type cmd in the search box
- Go to command prompt and select run as administrator option
- Finally, close the command prompt and perform hard reboot again
Try out the above methods carefully and see which one is giving you the desired result. If you have additional problems and queries on how to stop windows 10 update, feel free to comment in our comment box below.