For the Windows users, Skype automatically initializes when they try to start their computer. Users do not require to start an application to have a voice or video conversation on Skype.
However, many Windows users do not like to start the application automatically. But when they face this, it becomes a problem for them. You can prevent Windows from starting Skype automatically.
You can easily stop Skype to run automatically in Windows if you follow the given guidance.
Disable The Automatically Start Skype Option Within The Program
Make sure that you have not configured the Skype in Windows. Because if you do that Skype will start automatically. To avoid this issue follow the steps below-
- At first, launch Skype and then log in to it.
- Click on the Menu
- And then click on Application settings.
Now locate the Automatically launch Skype option under Startup and Close and then turn it off.
- Now close the Skype.
- Then restart your computer and then check if Windows automatically starts the Skype or not
Remove Skype From Your Computer’s Startup Items
Every application and program configured to be automatically launched at startup is a part of the computer’s startup items. You can prevent Windows from automatically starting Skype when you log in by removing the application from your computer’s startup items. To do so:
For Windows 8 and above
- To open the Task Manager tap Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- Then go to the Startup tab of the Task Manager.
- Now you can locate the entry for Skype into your computer’s startup items
- Right-click on it and then click on the Disable
- Close your Task Manager.
- Again restart your computer and then check Skype is disable or not
For Windows 7
- Tap the Windows key + R to launch a Run dialogue
- Now type “msconfig” and press Enter to start the System Configuration utility
- Navigate to the Startup option of the System Configuration utility
configure the listing of Skype in your computer’s startup items, and again disable it by unchecking the checkbox which is located directly beside it.
- Click on Apply first, and then click OK.
- After that, click on Restart in the dialogue box.
- Check for Windows doesn’t start the Skype automatically when booting up your computer
Use The Registry Editor To Make Sure Windows Doesn’t Launch Skype At Startup
If none of the described methods can fix your issue then you can still stop Skype to run automatically in Windows.
To do this change the computer’s registry editor
- Open Run dialogue by pressing Windows key + R
- Type regedit into the dialogue box and tap Enter to start the Registry Editor.
- Then go to the left pane of the Registry Editor and
- Then navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then windows then CurrentVersion
- Under the CurrentVersion key click on the Run sub-key
- Go to the right pane of the registry and check all the programs which are configured to be launched
- Locate the Skype
- Right click on Skype and then click on Delete button
- Now confirm the process and close the Registry Editor
- Again restart your computer
- Wait for few minutes and confirm Skype is disabled.
Do apply all the above methods to Stop Skype to run Automatically At Startup On Windows