We get a new browser as a successor to Internet Explorer called Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. But people often want to know what is the easiest step to disable Microsoft Edge Browser because they face many problems with it.
here is no conventional process of deleting Microsoft Edge. But you can make it disable if you follow the guidance below. You cannot delete or remove Microsoft Edge as it is an internal part of the Windows.
Here in this article, you will get different methods to disable Microsoft Edge Browser.
Disable Microsoft Edge Using File Rename
You can disable Microsoft Edge using File Rename.
- Tap Windows +I to start the file explorer. Then click on “This PC” present in the navigation pane
- Right-click on the folder “MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe” and then choose properties
- Again right-click on the folder and choose Rename. Before doing this process you need to create an administrative account
- Rename the folder as “MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe_OLD”
- Then restart your system and check if Microsoft Edge is able or not.
Changing Default Browser
If you change the default browser in the Settings it will disable Microsoft Edge from your system.
As there is no method to delete Microsoft Edge from your system, you can follow the given steps to restrict Microsoft Edge browser from opening the new web content-
- Go to the Start Menu and select Settings. In the settings choose the default apps
- Then select Internet Explorer from the right pane. If there is any other browser installed in your system then you can show that.
- You just need to choose a different default browser from the list.
Removing Microsoft Edge Using Registry
Microsoft Edge is an important part of Windows 10. But if you want to disable it you need to follow the given steps-
Open command prompt as an administrator, then type PowerShell. It will show all the installed apps on your computer. Now scroll down and search for the Microsoft Edge and then copy it or you can also write the full PackageFullName. This can remove the app from your system.
You can also navigate to the Windows apps location. Right-click on the Microsoft Edge folder and then choose properties. Here you can set any folder and its content. This will restrict your Windows to make any change in the folder.
Changing Cortana’s Default Browser
There is a virtual assistant in Windows 10 named Cortana. It helps you to recognize your daily task. Cortana also uses Microsoft Edge as a default browser to carry out its task. You can change the Cortana’s default browser to make Microsoft Edge disable.
Try these easiest steps to disable Microsoft Edge Browser in your computer.