All of you must be aware of the VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) that comes into action in graphics processing units in computers. Some of the dedicated graphics cards have their own separate RAM than the RAM of your computer. And obviously, each graphics cards require a different amount of VRAM. As per the thumb rule, more VRAM refers to more capability of the graphics card to handle more display operations and graphics simultaneously.
Why Should You Check VRAM On Windows 10?
As the amount of VRAM determines the capability of the graphics card, it becomes very necessary to find out how much VRAM our GPU holds. Thankfully, in the latest version of Windows 10, doing this task is kind of a piece of cake. There are two different ways how you can check VRAM capacity on Windows 10.
One of them is the most straightforward method that includes the built-in system utilities. On the other hand, there is some third-party involvement that does much more than only showing you the amount of VRAM. Here, I’ve mentioned a few instructions for you to check VRAM on Windows easily.
Take a look:
Figure Out How Much VRAM You Have In The Display Settings
Being a Windows 10 user, you should follow this method in order to find out how much VRAM you have in your display settings. But one thing to remind you before moving forward. There is no such problem lies in your laptop or c0omputer. In case, you aren’t sure about it, you can try out some software that will replace your corrupt and missing files efficiently.
- Go to the Windows logo key and navigate to the Start menu.
- Write Display and hit Enter.
- Check out the left pane of your device and select Display from the System section.
- Select the Display Adapter Properties under the Multiple Displays section. After this, a page will come up with your Display adapter information.
- Here, you need to check the Adapter information section and find out your Dedicated Video Memory.
- Once you have checked all the details regarding the VRAM, press OK and exit the Properties window.
Check VRAM In Windows 10 Computer By Using CPU-Z
CPU-Z is a third-party application software that helps you check the amount of the VRAM in your computer. But showing you the graphics card VRAM is not the only thing that CPU-Z does for you. It can also reflect the genes of your GPU and show up all the necessary details regarding that.
From the GPU model number to its manufacturing date, it gives you every piece of details. Additionally, this software is not just limited to the graphics card. It scrutinizes all the important aspects of your computer hardware. Such as – computer’s RAM, CPU and the cooling fans.
- Download the latest version of CPU-Z and choose the language you prefer.
- Then install CPU-Z and run the software on your system.
- Let the software detect your graphics card and navigate to the Graphics tab.
- There you can find all the necessary details regarding your GPU and VRAM.
Hopefully, both of these methods will resolve your concern and you will be able to successfully check the VRAM amount of your Windows 10 device. In case you are facing any difficulties during the procedure, let me know through the comment section below. On the other hand, you can also share some other tricks to find out the VRAM of Windows 10. The comment section is open for you write your views and queries. I’ll definitely try my best to figure out the best possible hacks for you.