Windows 10 is an operating system designed and released by Microsoft. It is the latest version of the Windows operating system. Some notable changes have made in it which differs it from rest of the Windows’s version. Due to its notable changes, it is more user-centric.
Despite being that it comes with some flaws too. “The distorted audio output” is one of those flaws. Many Windows 10 user encountered this problem. You may face like popping and cracking sound with Windows 10.
Motivating Reasons for “distorted audio output in Windows 10”
There are numerous reasons for cracking sound in Windows 10. It happens due to outdated drivers your device have. Or your processor state needs changing. Sometimes there is some issue in your registry settings which is responsible for cracking and popping sound.
Solutions to fix the Audio error in Windows 10
We suggest you some basic methods which help you to get rid of your problem.
Method 1: “Changing Minimum Processor State”
Processor state may be the reason for the audio output error in Windows 10. “Integrated power saving protocol” facility is available in Windows 10 which minimizes the usage of your processor to increase your battery life. But it affects your audio quality badly. If you set the minimum processor state to 100% then it will fix the audio error issue in Windows 10.
For this, you have to follow the following steps-
- Press Windows button along with S which brings your start menu’s search bar. In that search bar type “Power and Sleep” in that box and select the first box.
- In “power and sleep setting”menu select “Advanced power settings” option which is present at the right side of the screen.
- You will able to see different power plans available for your computer. Choose any one and then click on “change plan settings.” and after that, you have to click on “Change advanced power settings” which you may find at the bottom of the tab.
- After that, a small Window will visible to you which consists of different advanced options which you can change. You navigate your cursor on “Processor power management” and click on it. From the subheadings select “Minimum processor state”.
- In the next step change the value from 5% to 100% in both cases and save the changes.
Method 2:”Uninstalling Drivers”
When your sound drivers are not properly installed then also you may get distorted audio or cracking sound in your Windows 10. Drivers are considered to be the core of the sound quality. This step involves the uninstallation of drivers and installation of updated drivers.
- Hold the Windows button and R simultaneously to launch the Run application on your computer. In the dialogue box type”devmgmt.msc”. This command will launch your computer’s device manager.
- You will get a list of connected devices with your computer. Choose the “Audio Input and Output option” and then click on it.
- Then in the next step make a right click on Speakers and then select properties.
- Again click on the “Driver tab” which is present at the top of the screen. You will get an option to uninstall the sound drivers here. Click on it.
- After that Windows uninstall the drivers from your system. Then restart your PC which leads to Windows install the default drivers from your system.
- In the next step click on the option of” Update drivers”. After that Windows will automatically update the drivers.
Apart from these methods, you can also change the registry settings on your computer which helps you to fix the audio error.
Hope the above methods will help you to fix the Windows 10 audio error!