Microsoft released its latest operating system Windows 10. It is more user-centric due to its notable features. Most users prefer Windows 10 for their PC. Despite that, it comes with several flaws. It receives numerous updates throughout the year which is responsible for the 100% Disk Usage.
Probable reasons which motivate 100% disk usage in Windows 10
It normally happens when a process or an app in Windows 10 forces the system to utilize the hard drive to its full capacity. The reasons which motivate the 100% disk usage are followed-
- Chrome’s web page prefetch feature.
- A bug in a Windows driver.
- Presence of Virus and malware in your device.
- Due to Flash Updates.
- Also for Windows Search.
Solutions to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10
We provide you with some solutions here which will help you to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Disable Windows Search
Basically, Windows Search scans through your files and folders and record them in an index file. It helps to increase the searching process for your files. But it is responsible for the 100% disk usage. If you disable the file it won’t create any disturbance to the system only the searching time for files will increase a little. the steps for the process as follows-
- Firstly press the Windows button and type command prompt in the start search.
- In the next step do the right click on the command prompt which you would get from search option and then select the Run application as administrator.
- After that type “exe stop Windows Search” and press Enter. This will lead the system to stop the Windows Search. It will disable the service temporarily.
If you notice that after disabling the Windows search it will decrease the usage of hard disk then go for permanent disability. For that, you have to apply the below steps
- First, hold the Windows key and then press R.
- After that type services.msc and then press Enter.
- Then you have to navigate the cursor for a system named Windows Search and double-click on it.
- After that select Disabled from the drop-down menu in Startup Type. then click on the Stop button if you see the service status is not stopped
- First, click apply and then ok.
Method 2: Google Chrome
Google chrome is one of the reasons for this kind of problem due to its prediction features. Most of the users find this issue with google chrome. If you disable the prediction features of chrome then you will get rid of 100% disk usage.
First, open Google Chrome and then select the three menus on the top right corner and then select Settings.
Inthe next step while scrolling down you will get Show advanced settings, select it. At last, uncheck the option “Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly.” You will get this option under the privacy section.
Apart from these methods, you can use an antivirus which shields your device from virus and malware. Also, you can turn off the Skype. In this way, you will able to fix the 100% disk usage in Windows 10.
The above methods will help you to resolve the issue. 100% disk usage in Windows 10 is always an important issue which should be solved immediately. If the above methods help you to resolve the issue then please share your experience with us.